Northern Michigan Tactical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Form 4 procedure

2 posters

Go down

Form 4 procedure Empty Form 4 procedure

Post  Ded-nutz Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:48 am

Since you can now do form 4 firearm tranfers in michigan has anybody gone through the process and what does it entail? And whats the cost for transfer? are there tax stamps involved still?.....Govt. has to get something out of the deal.... study
Ded-nutz
Ded-nutz

Back to top Go down

Form 4 procedure Empty Re: Form 4 procedure

Post  SGT.Hartman Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:48 am

If i think i know what you are referring to (maybe im wrong) But transfer of firearm (handgun) don't cost anything. all you need is the handgun purchase permit or CHP easy to do.. If that's not what you are talking about, Sorry.... lol
SGT.Hartman
SGT.Hartman
Admin

https://northernmichigantac.all-up.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ded-nutz Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:03 pm

Pre 68' machine guns are form 4s in most cases, Guns 50 years or older and are on the fed. list are classified as c&r and the wait for actual gun transfer can take as long as 6 months sometimes on a gun that when you get it might not even shoot , not to mention the 200.00 tax stamp.C & R license will cost you 30.00 a year and is in three year terms once approved by uncle sam. With The form 4 transfer a fed. license is not needed because your buying the weapon thru a class 3 dealer he is doing the actual transfer, much the same as buying a standard hunting rife through your local class 1 dealer,, this is rumored to be moocho quick if you be' squeeky clean and we all know what sqeeky clean is! Laughing I would asume that S.B.R.s ( Short barreled rifle) would register as pistol at your c.l.e.o. And another is A.O.W. (Any other weapon) This pertains to street sweeper type oddball stuff and only has a 5.00 tax stamp and I dont know exact procedure for completing aow.
Also something I forgot to mention is all of the above is a money game, not many deals to be had,but you never know....hope this helps sarge.....out
Ded-nutz
Ded-nutz

Back to top Go down

Post  SGT.Hartman Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:09 pm

Okay, I get you now. I'll have to check into that. I just got my FFL so I'm just learning all the gun stuff. But I will check into it and see if i can dig some info up on it..
SGT.Hartman
SGT.Hartman
Admin

https://northernmichigantac.all-up.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ded-nutz Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:13 am

I let my license go after 8 years during the "Clintonista's Liberal Revenge Tour"...to many hassles...The C&R idea came from a buddy of mine and he showed me the process and I have not felt bad about dropping my class 1 gig to this day...take a look at the list sometime theres some kickbutt stuff on it.Since the form 4 transfers are now legal in the state c&r license holders will probably decrease slightly I would think anyway.................
Ded-nutz
Ded-nutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum