Northern Michigan Tactical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Load

3 posters

Go down

Favorite Load Empty Favorite Load

Post  Ded-nutz Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:11 pm

Hey Sarge, and Manhole Do you guys reload? if so whats your favorite load for those toys in the pics, Are those barrels 1 and 7 twist? scratch
Ded-nutz
Ded-nutz

Back to top Go down

Favorite Load Empty Re: Favorite Load

Post  504MANHOLE82ND Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:18 pm

Mine is an armalite with 1:7RHT 16" barrel. prefer the 1:7 cause i shoot heavier rounds (M855 or SS109 62gr BT with steel penetrator) if im hunting I have a good friend make me up some hot loads (they are AWESOME) runs pressures upto the limits. I want to do reloads so bad however im relucktant to admit i dont know enough to feel confident making them on my own yet. I know just enough to get me into trouble lol... how bout you ded you do any reloads? I really need my buddy to take me through and show me the ropes on reloads. however he is a former marine and is kinda tough to learn from if you know what i mean lol... nothing against marines really but sometimes they can be ROYAL PAINS IN THE ASS! Although i suppose us old army doggies can be rough as well![code]
504MANHOLE82ND
504MANHOLE82ND
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ded-nutz Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:29 am

I love puttin my ammo back together! Winter is the best time because you cant get to your outside projects till spring, just sit back and pull the lever. I'm old fashioned on this as well, some guys like the progressive presses which is cool to watch and put out the quantities but I like the simplicity and the idea is to take my time.
My main loads are .223 and .50 bmg, components are most always surplus powder and primers come from wideners.com at least for the last 4 years or so, the last few months have been rough getting more so I'm glad I had some stock to work with, but waiting/hoping for the pipeline to get flowing again if that might actually happen but I'll stay optomistic on that one..... Winchester 748, 5010 and hodgedon h-50 are the powders most common on my bench, Equipment mostly rcbs, hornady ,lyman ,dillon, lortone and yes...Lee. Every company shines in something so I'm not a one brand believer look around always something cool out there. When you decide to start pullin the lever let me know maybe I can share some info I have many loads in the archived data sheets and not limited to the above said cals. also 30.06, 308,30 carbine,7.65 arg.8mm, .45 acp/Long colt, 44 mag,38,9mm.......And last but not least the satisfaction you get from "Shootin' Your Own S@&t"...out.
Ded-nutz
Ded-nutz

Back to top Go down

Post  504MANHOLE82ND Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:49 pm

Roger ded, I think if i got the stuff to make rounds i would want in all manual, other than a digi scale, ive heard some of the auto loading stuff can be off by a grain or two, when reloading lol... how do you like the lee equipment. ive heard the rcbs is great, thats about all my buddy uses.
504MANHOLE82ND
504MANHOLE82ND
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ded-nutz Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:37 pm

Lee dies for alot of cals works great. I used to use rcbs .223 die set and would decap as i sized and would get @1200 rounds per decapping pin before it broke! dont get me wrong I like rcbs but evidently it was common in this series of dies because all you would have to do is call them and 4 days later they would ship 5 pins in a little packet no charge and a note saying that any other problems to let them know! I thought this was great but I lost 4 days of reloading enjoyment.ha ha....Now the socalled cheapee Lee dies after 5000+ loads I have yet to break a decapping pin on this die or any of the others. The only issue thus far with the Lee die is I have to draw polish the sizing die on occasion to keep the cases from getting a slight scratch from a burr that sometimes forms on the opening edge,this may be caused from not leaving them in the tumbler long enough and getting crud and possibly sand in the die. As far as digi scales I use a pact scale and calibrate at the start of every session....out Very Happy
Ded-nutz
Ded-nutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Bongi11 Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:29 pm

My mail came yesterday good to go for a while. 2300 45 acp 68 lbs worth mail lady about shit. have about 14 lbs of powder witch some i use for reloading shotgun also have 4000 lg mag primers 2000 more coming from arizona from a buddy. Also reload 223, 30-06, 357mag and willing to start 9mm and 40s cause i have about 3 gallon ziploc bags plus full of brass. As far as 150grn 30-06 for accuracy the best wasnt over 2900fps thru a chrony with sierra #2130 spt.

[img]Favorite Load 100_1351[/img]
Bongi11
Bongi11

Back to top Go down

Post  504MANHOLE82ND Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:19 pm

damn Bongi thats quite the awesome setup!!! wish i had those capabilites!!!
504MANHOLE82ND
504MANHOLE82ND
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bongi11 Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:21 pm

Just tell the wife O ive always had that LoL Ya the dillon will do at least 400 45 acp a hour.
PS Manhole happy birthday.
Bongi11
Bongi11

Back to top Go down

Post  504MANHOLE82ND Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:58 pm

hahaha THANKS!!!
504MANHOLE82ND
504MANHOLE82ND
Admin

Back to top Go down